Monday, November 13, 2017

Take the Woods

I saw your eyes
carved in the bark of a tree
Your heart
stitched in the throat of a breeze

How comforting

I had a thought:
Maybe you're the me
I never get to see
cause I'm always looking in the mirror
at distorted flesh

We can never really see ourselves
outside of ourselves
accurately
and that shit makes more sense than gravity

But you
when I look at you
I see me

And I wanna love meyou but
I'm scared to

I'm so desperate to give it
Love
I starve myself
meaning I'll probably starve you too
and you'll leave
like I always want to
This place
This body
These thoughts in my head
that constantly ask questions full of
dead
ends

Yet still
I'm trying to make myself
make sense

So take the trees
take the river bend
take the smell of bird shit
and the gas from a skunks ass

You're too lovely for me to grasp

Take the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment