Monday, January 29, 2018

A Dialogue: Lie Detector

"Why do you do that?"

Do what?

"You just asked me the same question you asked five minutes ago."

Did I?

"Yeah"

I didn't realize.

"I know. You do it all the time. I used to think you did it because you thought my first answer wasn't believable... but then I thought, 'nahhh, cuz that would mean he thinks I'm a liar or something,' and I don't think you think that."

No. I don't.

"I know."

Yeah. 

"Hmm.."

What?

" I don't know. I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"No because you only do it with certain questions. Like, when we meet up after not seeing each other for like a couple of weeks, you'll be like, 'So how have things been?' and then I'll tell you, we'll go back and forth for a bit, and then you'll ask me the same question, but instead of saying 'things,' you'll say 'you.' I mean I know it's different, but not really yuh know?"

Hmmm... Kinda.

"Yeah, and then sometimes we'll be out somewhere and you'll randomly look over at me and ask, ' Are you okay?' and I'll say yeah and then a few minutes later you'll ask, 'is everything okay?' Again, I know those are not necessarily the same questions, but still."

Yeah. 

"Maybe you do think I'm a liar."

Maybe.

"Anyways. What do you wanna eat?"

Chinese.

"Cool. Me too. I'll get the thingy in the kitchen and place the order. Veggie Egg Fu Yung, right?"

Yeah.

"Cool. You can pick a movie if you want."

Kinda wanna watch The Office. 

"Okay, that works. Or maybe it doesn't, who knows?" 

You're never gunna let this one go, huh?

"Nope."

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment