Thursday, January 26, 2017

$5 saving challenge

Sometime last month, I saw this post on Facebook where someone said that they'd saved every five dollar bill they'd received throughout the entire 2016; in the photo they were holding a huge stack of five dollar bills.

The three 5 dollar bills I've saved so far, in
an old talenti gelato container.
fwi: It was Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup ;)
My grandmother was the first person to ever really teach me anything about saving money although, growing up poor helped me as well (when I was younger I would save every penny and I never wanted to spend anything). Now that I'm older and know what it is to work for a dollar and have to pay for my own living expenses, I've learned a bit more about saving and how it differs from hoarding. However, I also understand how difficult it can sometimes be to save when every dime you make has to go towards a living expense.

The day before heading back to school, I saw that I had three five dollar bills in my pocket and remembered saying to myself, a month ago, that I wanted to try the $5 challenge. I am not sure how much I will actually be able to save because I rarely ever carry cash, but I am going to try it out anyways.

If you think this is something that you might like to try, let me know in the comments section below.


2 comments:

  1. I NEVER have cash on me so I would fail miserably at this challenge unfortunately.
    www.ubetterwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Yeah I'm not too sure how successful I will be with it tbh, but ya never know :)

      Delete