Monday, February 6, 2017

Several Mini Spiels Within a Mini Winter Break Haul

The semester has begun and things have been a bit hectic. I've been working hard to get settled and organized because I am taking 22 credits (again) this semester and I can't afford to let myself get behind. Not to mention, I have two big performances this month (one on Saturday and another in about three weeks). The first involves music; I am a part of an accapella group at my school and we are performing at an event for the BSA conference. The second is a play called The Vagina Monologues; I haven't had much time to devote to my lines, but after this Saturday hopefully I'll be able to dive in and have them memorized in no time. This past week I have been constantly telling myself, "Girl, you are a force," and it has been helping me stay motivated and on top of things. I have a lot to do, but I am determined to continue to pursue the things that I love while still maintaining a hold on my academic career. This blog is something that I told myself that I would try really hard to keep up with, despite my workload, and I am going to do just that. 

So without further ado, I'd like to share some of the items I purchased and received over the winter break. 

  Black Ripped Jeans and Cut out Top from Danice Clothing Store (Barclays Center Mall) 
So this is literally what I wore for New Years Eve. My friends and I decided to go out to this bar in the city and I wanted to look cute but casual. I did my makeup, wore a really awesome headwrap, and put on my all black Vans. I wanted to be as comfortable as possible so that I would be able to dance and have a good time (mission accomplished).

These next few clothing items were a gift from my uncle who apparently thinks that I am going to take over the corporate world (never going to happen). He insisted that I shop for some "nice things," aka clothes deemed appropriate for interviews and such so he took me to JCPenny's. While we were out shopping I was wearing ripped jeans and a Nirvana tee so as you can imagine,  I do not often wear "nice things." 
I am currently in the middle of trying to secure a summer internship so if/when I land one, my uncle will probably be the first person I call and tell. Fwi, everything I picked out was on sale. I don't know if it's just me but whenever something is on sale, I start to wonder if everything we buy is constantly being overpriced (major possibility) and whether or not it could actually be sold for a "low-price" all the time (definitely could be). This thought frustrates me and is one of the reasons why I am not a very big shopper.


Bisou Bisou Michele Bohbot Black and Burgundy Dress Size 6
Originally $60 but it was sale so I got it for $22.29
Studio One New York Lace Navy Dress Size 4
Originally $72 but it was on sale so I got it for $26.74


Black Worthington Blazer Size 6
Originally $70 but it was on sale so I got it for $37.15

Liz Claiborne Ponte Casual Pants in Heather Grey and Navy Blue 
Originally $48.00 but they were on sale so I got them for $22.28 each
So in looking at the original prices versus the sale prices, do you see what I mean...? It's pretty wild, but anyways, lastly, my uncle got me a new carryon bag from Marshalls: Kenneth Cole Reaction 8 Wheelin Expandable Luggage Spinner Suitcase in Dark Green (suggested retail price is $200, but Marshalls sold it to us for $64.49. Four years ago I purchased a Tommy Hilfiger carryon bag for only $10 so if you are looking for luggage, don't sleep on Marshalls because they just might have what you need.
Both bags are pictured here

The carryon suitcase looks a  bit  like this, but it's dark green and the interior is a little different.


The next two photos include things that were all gifted to me via friends and family.

Necklaces, Chokers, Earrings, etc that were gifted to me by a good friend, my aunt, and my cousin

The majority of the things in this picture were gifted to me by my aunt and cousin, but the moose and snowflake socks were gifted to me by my mom
Last but not least, technically I did not purchase these boots (below) over the break because I got them when I got back to school, but I was so excited about them that I thought I should include them. So my school has a Facebook page where students can sell and exchange things. The day I got back to campus, someone was selling these boots for $20; I'd been looking for boots like these for quite some time. These particular boots are Cougar boots, they are usually quite pricey due their quality (they are waterproof and super warm). I looked these specific ones up online (Cougar Zag Waterproof Ankle Boot Black Deertan Leather) and they were priced for about $180. The person who sold them to me said that she had only worn them once (I literally could not even tell).


I think I'll call these my $20 "miracle boots" because not only did I get them at a great price, but they are super comfortable and stylish :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment